3.29.2012

Wizard Of Balls: A Night Of Spoken Word


Oh what a night! My fellow Lip Bombers and I are so proud to say that our show was a success! We packed the theater with all our supportive friends, family, and fellow spoken word enthusiasts. I for one cannot stop myself from raving about how expressive and often therapeutic the art of spoken word has been for me, and I know many of my friends would agree. It was so great seeing everyone go up there and do what they do best, which is pretty much be their awesome selves! We had an array of different pieces with everyone displaying their own distinctive style, which I think we've been developing through this amazing process. It was so heartwarming to see how excited and encouraging every member was backstage as each of us walked on stage and emerged from the darkness into the spotlight. I know that it takes a lot of guts to do something like that. You guys are all truly deserving of a standing ovation!










Although we experienced a few challenges prior to the moment of truth, I think we'd all agree that it was very much worth it and that we're oh so thankful that we've got such a determined and enthusiastic team that can pretty much accomplish anything we set our mind to! We definitely got each others' backs, which is probably what I love most about Lip Bomb! Not only do I respect these people as artists, and amazing ones at that, but they're also amongst some of my bestest friends! It's one thing to perform and know how to entertain a crowd, but it's a whole other thing to be able to connect with people who know you deep down inside and with people you've never even met before. I think that's one of the greatest things I've noticed about spoken word, particularly amongst my talented group of friends. They all bare their hearts every time they step on stage, and it's truly beautiful. Kudos Lip Bomb! I'm so proud of us and I love you all!











I can't wait to do it all again for my last spoken word show at UCSB! 
Words With Friends, here we come! Keep a look out ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment