12.18.2010

Home-Away-From-Homesick

Who knew I'd miss Santa Barbara so much once I came back home to LA for winter break? It's great to see my family and friends and all, but I have definitely grown a strong attachment to my daily Santa Barbarian routine. Discovering the plethora of photos from the last quarter that I never posted has rendered me immensely nostalgic. Here are some pictorial representations of certain things I miss about my home away from home.

I miss the smoothing scent of burning incense that floods our tiny cupboard sized apartment and creates delicate little wisps of smoke that hover above the glowing amber tips of each crimson stick.

Incense

Incense

Incense

I miss the cute little creatures of Isla Vista, including my next door neighbors precious kitten and of course my sexy baby Sasha. Our apartment unit has a strict "absolutely no pets allowed" policy... obviously we are all super obedient tenants. But in my humble opinion, cuteness knows no apology. :)

The Cat Next Door

Hau&Sasha

I miss chilling out and listening to Anthony, aka DJ Mizu, spin anything from some Massive Attack trip-hop to that old school Sam Cooke in the psychedelic atmosphere of our humble abode. Who needs to go out to parties or clubs when we can create our own audio/visual shows right at home?

Mizu & the Cranes

Mizu & the Cranes


I miss the hair experiments Anthony and I have been conducting in an attempt to get more in touch with our "earthy" side. So far, I've dreaded his entire head, and added a few of my own here and there. It took months but I'd say they're turning out pretty good for an inexperienced first time stylist! In addition, I've been frequently playing around with fabric, string, feathers, and beads to create personalized hair wraps. I put one in for Anthony and always seem to have a couple in my hair. 
[P.S. If anyone in the Santa Barbara area would like one, I'm gonna start selling! Contact me at idgab@rocketmail.com if you're interested!]

Tend To My Dreadies

Tend To My Dreadies

That's A Wrap



I miss biking over to Manzanita, the oceanside dormitories, to visit my friends who live there, have mini photo shoots amidst the aesthetically-pleasing architecture, or just walk along the beach and cliffs that "Manz" resides beside.

Look Up


ManzManz

I miss roaming around Isla Vista with my photography partner in crime, Alec, to discover scenery that will adequately tend to the click of our shutters. But most of all, I miss Alec's beard >^.^< Yes, I must admit, I am a beardfanatic!

True Reflection Delivered

Nothing Gold Can Stay

Nothing Gold Can Stay

Y Control

Crystal ColorsCrystal Colors

Clearly, we are seriously stoked to see Crystal Castles in March! I can hardly contain my excitement!

6 comments:

  1. Wow your photos are incredible!
    Love them so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your photos.
    Did i mentioned that i LOVE your photos?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these photos, the ones of the incense are great! You live in IV? I live in the same-ish area. Down in Ventura!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this.
    So, your winter quarter beard-blog is a go, then?

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow really cool photos! I love them! They are totally awesome!

    bisous,
    mia

    heylilahey.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. cutest kitten photos! and that snake is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete